Sunday 15 May 2011

End of Season

We set out on this non-league tour with the goal of seeing every team before my 27th birthday in October.  It was surprisingly disappointing then when the end of the season arrived and we hadn't managed to complete the tour. 

A shame because the only ground that we failed to get to was that of Great Wakering, and there was even the chance to see them play at home on the penultimate weekend of the regular season meaning we would have completed the set of Non-League grounds in Essex that we were after way ahead of schedule.  However, days before that fixture I was invited on a trip to Spain, and after thinking my decision over for all of 10 seconds I begrudgingly accepted the free holiday.

Still, next season will bring some new teams for us to see, as we'll add to our list those teams that were promoted from the Essex Senior League, not to mention Great Wakering being the first team we go to see. 

It's not yet entirely clear who we need to view yet, websites at this level are infuriatingly out of date, or just refuse to load but we can speculate that we may be travelling to either Enfield, Stansted or Witham as those were the top 3 teams in that league for 2010/11.

And after that?  I really need to find something else to fill my Saturday's.  Perhaps a tour of Non-league teams in Kent?  Hmm... now there's an idea.

1 comment:

  1. Guys, a great blog all the way through. Thanks for your kind words re myself and I am glad that you had a good time at my club. Whatever you choose to do next, I hope you enjoy it and please remember that you are always welcome at Thurrock!!

    "Follow the Lima!"

    Tony Flood

    ReplyDelete